Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Much Ado About Socks....

Here is what I wrote on Friday. 

Friday is here again. I've been as busy as I could be this week. I found myself having a long conversation with a very dear friend without my knitting bag. I am so glad I could spend time with her, but I am that much further behind. My feet are cold, so I'm determined to try to finish this damn sock tonight so I can wear them!!  If you're interested, here is a look at the nearly finished second...



Fast forward to Tuesday...

I didn't finish them that night, but I gave it a damn good try. On Sunday, though, I DID finish them while a got my car serviced.

Here they are on my feet.



They are very warm and I will really appreciate them when the weather is colder. Now I put them on and end up taking them off after the morning chill.

Today I am FINALLY going to make my sojourn to my local yarn shop (after many delays) in order to get some tutoring on my sweater pattern. I mentioned before that I have hit a snag and cannot make the math work on the front left panel. So I am looking forward to getting some help. I'm a few days early for the Woolie Ewe's end of year sale, so that should help my bank account somewhat.

I have to finish my secret project, and I'll post the pictures once I get the thing finished. I hope to give the gift before the end of the year, so hopefully you'll see it once it's given.

I need to start on the next pair of socks, but I want to get my head around the sweater and make some progress there before I get stuck in to more socks. I am glad that I had so many false starts on these toe-up socks, though. Now I can cast on and I have a pretty good idea about what I'm doing. It will soon become one of those patterns I only have to look to for certain numbers and then I can turn them out. I really like these because the hardest part of knitting socks from the top down was to pick up the stitches on the heel and gusset parts. No picking up means faster progress and faster socks.

If you want a good tutorial on toe-up socks, there is a great one on Ravelry. If you aren't a member, it's free and full of great patterns and tips.

Well, it's about time to pack up and go to get some sweater help. I hope you all have a great week and may it be full of wooly fun!

txdonna



No comments:

Post a Comment